General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- EpicHosts needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given EpicHosts permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in EpicHosts' legitimate interests
- EpicHosts needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw consent
EpicHosts is registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and our data collector is registered with the following reference number: ZA482199. Please see 1.2 of 'General Terms & Conditions' for more information about our data collector.
EpicHosts follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services' analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users' movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, EpicHosts uses 'cookies'. These cookies are used to store information including visitors' preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users' experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors' browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read "What Are Cookies".
Note that EpicHosts has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers' respective websites.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
EpicHosts does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This document was last updated on May 1, 2021.
Terms & ConditionsThe Terms & Conditions paragraphed below explains your agreement and the workings of the EpicHosts.co.uk ("EpicHosts", "Us", "We") website ("Site"). These Terms & Conditions apply to the site and all products/services offered by EpicHosts. By completing a payment to EpicHosts, therefore placing an order on our site, you oblige that you (each, "Client", "Customer", "Company") are legally bound in a contractual agreement to the terms and conditions written on this page.
1. General Terms & Conditions1.1 EpicHosts is an internet service hosting provider of which provides the leasing/rental of web hosting, Virtual Private Servers ("VPS", "VPSs", "VPS'", "VPSes"), game servers, radio/voice servers and other virtual products. All our products ("Servers", "Services") are completely intangible (non-physical). Our servers are located in UK, France, Germany and Canada, choice of location can be decided on the order form for products where applicable. Products offering 'Europe' as a location selection will have the ordered service processed either in UK, France or Germany. All services purchased by a customer are ownership and property of EpicHosts, and are only temporarily rented by a customer until the expiry date is reached (See '3. Payments' for more information).
1.2 This site is run by ONE individual named Ben Gough ("Terrum"), located at 27 Badgerwood Drive, Camberley, Surrey, GU16 8UD, United Kingdom - whilst this is our legal address this is not an office nor a support address. We are registered as a sole trader with UK's tax collector; HMRC. EpicHosts does not currently employ any other staff, therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that, when you are communicating with us, you are communicating with official and verified EpicHosts staff only. We recommend checking your address bar to ensure you are only visiting 'epichosts.co.uk' or 'www.epichosts.co.uk' to avoid inaccurate, outdated or potentially fraudulent information. We cannot be held responsible for any result, including but not limited to damage and loss, caused by any communications made to anyone but our official and verified EpicHosts staff.
1.3 Our security consists of a DDoS mitigation and protection feature provided by CISCO, configured by the server datacenters for each location, to withstand many various strengths and types of attacks. However, we are not responsible for any damage to your service(s) caused by any attack, outage, corruption or any other form of hardware failure. We do not store, offer or provide backups of any kind and any data, critical or not, should always be backed up safely away from our services to ensure safety of such data should any aforementioned incidents occur.
1.4 We have an automated system in place to block any suspicious incoming/outgoing activity such as port scans, DDoS attacks and more. If we find that your service is sending/receiving abusive packets, your account and/or service(s) may automatically or manually become blocked or suspended/terminated, therefore disallowing ANY client access to the service along with any of its content, data or service for the security of our services and clients. If multiple abuse warnings have been issued, your service may be permanently terminated and any necessary authorities, along with your ISP, may become notified depending on the severity of the issue.
1.5 The VPSes we host are unmanaged, unless the Managed VPS addon is purchased alongside with the VPS. Removal of the support (Terrum) account on your VPS, if applicable, is a breach of our terms and may cause a suspension of your VPS. We reserve the right to access any administration sections of services, such as control panels, operating systems and data installed by us to perform security updates, network changes and other necessary changes that are either requested by the customer or our datacenter. The creation of more than one user account per VPS or service is prohibited unless permission given otherwise.
1.6 Our web hosting plans are not to be used for storage of data including but not limited to archives, music or videos and should only be used for website hosting content. This is monitored on a scheduled basis and, should we find any incriminating data, we may irrevocably purge this data without warning, or you may be contacted or your service automatically suspended. Please refer to Section 6 for Termination and Suspension for more information.
1.7 All products that we sell of which use storage, whether it is a hard-drive ("HDD") or solid-state drive ("SSD"), will be partially allocated to you according to the specifications of the plan described which you purchased. By purchasing a product that uses storage you give us the right to use a portion of the partially allocated storage for the use of important/system data to allow the service to function.
1.8 It is the responsibility of the client to provide and install any necessary license(s) required to use any product/software, including but not limited to third-party software and operating systems, on any of our services, this includes but is not limited to cPanel and any Microsoft (Windows) products/software. Any relevant service, including but not limited to Windows VPS, will be unactivated, unlicensed and/or provisioned in its equivalent trial/evaluation mode until activated/licensed appropriately to the license handler's (cPanel, Microsoft etc) requirements. We are not responsible in any way for the licensing, or the absence of, with any services provided on our site, and any responsibility for such should be assumed directly to the client of which purchased the service.
1.9 We rely on Uptime Robot to provide public uptime/downtime statistics and private notifications for ourselves with all of our servers and nodes. Whilst we strive to achieve a 99.5% uptime, due to uncontrollable circumstances we cannot guarantee this uptime. In the rare occurrence that a node suffers from downtime for longer than 0.5% of our monitored uptime in 3 months, we will offer compensation in the form of partial credit or a partial refund, at 5% of the original payment amount made every 1% of downtime reached. Please note that we will not compensate for downtime shorter than 0.5% in 3 months. We will only compensate for downtime detected by our monitors only.
2. Refunds2.1 EpicHosts is legally obliged to offer a 14 day money-back guarantee ("Refund") from the calendar date of which any ordered service(s) was/were activated as per the 14 day cooling-off rights of the Consumer Contracts Regulations. After 14 days of which any service has been activated, it will become non-refundable. If you are not satisfied we may ask for your opinion on improving our services, or attempt to support you to resolve the matter incase one has misunderstood or become frustrated by an easily-resolvable issue. We may also use any non-personal information given through any communication method or dispute for training purposes, to help improve our support of hosting and other future purposes.
2.2 Please note that Domain names, Exchanged services, Private servers/services (WoW/RSPS), Dedicated servers/machines, Discounted services, including but not limited to, the use of a discount/coupon code and personalised offers, Weekly-cycled services as well as both automatic and manual renewals are strictly non-refundable. This can be due to, but is not limited to, unrecoverable costs covering the process of activating the service, including but not limited to, the fees of setup, reselling, licensing, IP rental and the supplying of any customised/personalised data. By ordering any of the strictly non-refundable services mentioned above, you explicitly waive your rights to any refund, including but not limited to, the 14 day money-back guarantee, and any cooling-off period, including but not limited to, the Consumer Contracts Regulations.
2.3 EpicHosts are not obliged to offer a pro rata ("Unused", "Remaining", "Days left") refund under any circumstance where your service is on a weekly ("7 Days"), monthly ("1 Month"), quarterly ("3 Months"), biannually ("6 Months") or annually ("Yearly", "12 Months") cycle. You will also not be eligible to a refund if any of the Terms & Conditions mentioned on this page have been prone to abuse or breach, as also mentioned under Section 6 for Termination and Suspension and Section 7 for Violations of our Terms.
2.4 Account balance/credit acquired in any form has no monetary value therefore cannot be refunded, transferred, paid back nor withdrawn in any way. Bitcoin and PaySafeCard ("PaySafe") payments cannot be refunded by us as per the terms and workings of these payment methods mentioned.
2.5 A surcharge (processing fee) of 10% will be deducted from all refunds and transactions sent from us to a client due to fees charged to us from the merchant including but not limited to, PayPal refund fees, and other potential fees and/or charges involved during the handling and/or funding of any ordered service(s).
3. Payments3.1 Our most used payment methods are shown on the footer of every page on our site, for a larger list of payment methods find 'All Payment Methods' on the footer of every page on our site. All payment methods are non-subscription payments ("One-Time", "Single", etc) unless described otherwise ("Subscription", "Recurring", etc). All payments made are the responsibility of the client and/or payment provider, and we do not possess the ability to charge any monies from a client's bank or payment provider. Any active subscriptions are an agreement between the client and the payment provider and are unrelated to EpicHosts. We cannot be responsible for any recurring payments left unattended/uncancelled as there is no way for EpicHosts staff, nor a payment merchant, to acknowledge the cancellation of a subscription/contract without prior notice. A customer must make sure to contact the appropriate payment merchant to cancel any automated payments before the end of any service's cycle as renewals are strictly non-refundable (See 'Refunds')
3.2 An invoice is generated and e-mailed to a customer when a service reaches 7 days before its expiry date, or if the 'Renew Now' button has been pressed on an order. You acknowledge that should we not receive a completed (non-held, non-pending) renewal payment in full (Invoice must show PAID) prior to the date of expiry we reserve the right to suspend services immediately without notice.
3.3 Occasionally we may provide a voluntary 7 day grace period whereby any information/content/data on our servers is held during suspension/expiration until the necessary renewal is made however we are not obliged to do so. We reserve the right to purge all information/data pertaining to your account with us during a suspension or expiration status and we cannot be held responsible for any loss due to the purge in a suspended/expired status of your service.
3.4 A service that is in a suspension or expiration status along with any of its data can be destroyed without warning at any time to save resource or recycle stock for processing of future orders. We are entitled to recover (on a full indemnity basis) any costs, charges (including legal costs) and reversals incurred in retrieving any amounts owed by you to us, despite the status of your service(s).
3.5 Any interlinking services, such as domains linked to web hosting, will be held by us until renewal or a similar service has been purchased from us, as an interlinked service no longer belongs to a client after expiration of its parent service.
4. Server maintenance4.1 We might have, from time to time, to perform maintenance, upgrades or replacements of any hardware/software or content to our services and machines. We reserve the right to suspend access to any service during the required time to perform maintenance, upgrade or exchange the server, allowing us to quickly and safely finish the maintenance without any interruption or interference of a running service. Maintenance usually lasts no longer than a few minutes to a few hours, depending on the severity of the maintenance and whether it is planned or unplanned.
4.2 Customers may be informed via e-mail of any planned maintenance. Any unplanned maintenance may be posted on our Facebook page.
5. Setup5.1 It is our responsibility to ensure that any applied hosting package application is completed and activated ready to use. After completion, all of our services are unmanaged unless agreed that managed support will be given. We will not be responsible for any misconfigurations or loss of data due to unauthorised exposure or accidental damage. Re-installations and management support can be quoted by contacting us for a fee.
5.2 The customer assumes full responsibility for any third-party software installation and configuration on their service, with no guarantee of support from us for the appointed third-party software. We may provide support for third-party software voluntarily but under no guarantee that your concern will be resolved.
5.3 Quoted times, if applicable, for account activation are purely estimated and, whilst we always do our best to get an order delivered within a quoted time, this is not a guarantee. We may delay or refuse activation if:
- Stock is being created,
- A large queue of orders are undergoing,
- Payment is not cleared or not received in full,
- We believe the order, payment or any information provided is fraudulent,
- You have any funds outstanding with relation to your current or any other account,
- We deem your transaction as unsatisfactory for any reason in relation to our terms or beliefs.
6. Termination and Suspension6.1 You may request to have your hosting terminated (cancelled) at any time by advising us via a method of contact on our site. If we are not notified in writing of any intention to terminate or cancel any service(s) before the expiration date your service(s) will be put into a suspension status, where different terms apply for lack of payment (See 'Payments'). A cancellation does not automatically process or make you eligible to a refund (See 'Refunds'). You may also be charged an overdue/outstanding 'non-cancellation' fee for any suspended services that do not have a written cancellation.
6.2 We may suspend any or all of your services without compensation nor refunds (in full, partial or pro rata) where we have reason to suspect a violation of our terms and conditions whilst we investigate the suspected violation. We may also suspend your services where we have reason to suspect any type of illegitimate activity including, but not limited to, overdue invoices (lack of payment on any invoice without a notification of cancellation), unlawful content, copyright infringement, payment reversals, unfair usage and services affecting other customers or users on our servers. We reserve the right to suspend a service at any time along with the decision of its final status.
6.3 If a payment reversal, such as a chargeback or PayPal case, has been initiated on a transaction made to us, we may suspend some or all services involved with the client. We may unsuspend any services when any discrepancies are resolved, and any fees caused by the opening of a chargeback or PayPal case have been paid by the client. We reserve the right to make the decision of any service's final status.
7. Violations of our TermsIf a customer violates any of our terms and conditions we may suspend (temporarily) or terminate (indefinitely) any services you have with us, depending on the severity of the violation, in accordance to any terms written on this page. Compensation and refunds (in full, partial or pro rata) will be completely waived for any payments made to us by you. An e-mail may be sent to inform you of the violation and to discuss your options.
8. Changes to our TermsIf we decide to change our terms, we will update them accordingly and record the date that the terms were last updated below. We reserve the right to make changes to our Terms & Conditions at any time. Any previous/old terms still apply to services renewed before the 'last updated' date shown below, unless you have explicitly written to us to confirm that you agree to the new terms. Any current/new terms will apply to all orders and renewals activated on or subsequent to the 'last updated' date shown below. You must not place an order with us if you do not agree to our terms. If you have an active order with us, you must write to us immediately to cancel all of your services with us if you do not agree with any of our latest terms.
This document was last updated on May 1, 2021